Far South Film Inc presents a two-day filmmaking workshop for Seniors during Seniors Week 2021.
This is a lead-up event to the 2021 Far South Film Festival.
When: 9.30am to 3.30pm on Wed 14 & Thu 15 April 2021
Where: Tathra Uniting Church, 6 Beach Street Tathra NSW map
Bookings Essential – numbers limited.
Cost: Free workshop. Morning and afternoon teas provided. BYO lunch or join us at the Tathra Hotel (lunch not included)
Suitable for: Beginners through to intermediate film makers. Filmmakers who attended last year’s Seniors workshop may wish to attend Day 2 only.
What to Bring
- For Day 1, bring whatever device you feel most comfortable using for filming – eg digital SLR, mobile phone, iPad, GoPro etc.
If you have a tripod, sound recorder, mic, video lights etc feel free to bring, but these are optional and not necessary to do the workshop.
- For Day 2, bring a laptop to edit your work (or you can work with another participant if you don’t have one you can bring). We will be using the free trial version of Adobe Premiere Elements. This works on Mac or Windows machines.
This software is free for one month – download the free trial onto your laptop after 1 April 2021 to ensure it will work during the workshop. You can choose to pay the licence fee after this time if you wish or uninstall it from your system. You will need to sign up for a free Adobe account if you don’t already have one. Read the system requirements here.
- Make sure you bring all charging plugs and cables
- Make sure you bring any storage cards for your device (eg SD card for digital camera, phone etc) and that you have sufficient free storage space to film videos – video uses up a lot of space!
- Social distancing and hand- and equipment sanitiser will be in place, but please bring a mask if you feel comfortable wearing one
What You Will Learn
Learn how to steady your device, frame shots, different shot types and when to use them, script your story/shots, planning your shoot and permissions you might need, lighting your subjects from natural and artificial sources, recording sound, using music, stills and other elements, copyright and other rights, roles and workflows, editing and distributing your content.
This will be a fast paced course to give you a taste for film making and get you started on your creative path!
Our COVID Safety Plan will be in place.
This project is supported by the Bega Valley Shire Council Community Grants Program for Seniors Week 2021