By enrolling in Far South Film’s workshop you agree that:
- You have read and understood the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
- If you are under 18 years old, your parent/guardian agrees that your enrolment and/or participation in the workshop is adequate consideration for your obligations set out in these Terms and Conditions and that you consider the provisions of these Terms and Conditions to be reasonable and for your benefit.
and that Far South Film Inc reserves the right to:
- amend its program without notice before or during a workshop or to cancel a workshop.
- merge published age groups and structure classes as required.
- refuse enrolment as permitted by law or to request a participant to leave a course if they are repeatedly disruptive or have not paid their fees.
- record and use photographs, videos and sound of course participants for promotional and archival purposes, public screening or broadcast or publication on any media including social media.
- Online payments are handled via TryBooking Pty Ltd who may charge you an additional per-ticket transaction fee.
- If a workshop is cancelled by Far South Film Inc:
- before it has started – full refund of workshop fee applies
- after it has started – the portion of the fee relating to the remainder of the workshop will be refunded.
- Students travelling some distance to workshops are asked to check that their workshop will go ahead before incurring costs for travel or accommodation. Far South Film Inc will not be responsible for any costs for cancelled travel or accommodation arrangements.
- If a participant cancels their attendance at a workshop and it is received by Far South Film:
- 48 hours or more before workshop starts: full refund.
- between 48 hours before the workshop and before workshop has started: 50% refund.
- after the workshop has begun: no refund
- Enrolment may be transferred to another person prior to the start of a workshop without penalty by notifying Far South Film Inc by email or phone, provided the new participant meets the workshop requirements and attends the workshop.
- If a student refuses to comply with the reasonable instructions of a tutor, or interferes in any way with the running of the course or with the other participants’ enjoyment of the course, they will be removed from the course (parent/guardians will be asked to collect their child if under 18) and no refund will be given.
- If participants record a tutor, or material presented by a tutor during a workshop, permission must first be sought from the tutor. Workshop material copyright remains with Far South Film and the Tutor(s), and material can only be used by the participant for personal use – it may not be further copied, sold, published, broadcast, shared or uploaded to the Internet.
- Participants may use material that they have filmed themselves at the workshop for a show reel, provided permission has been obtained from any other third parties involved in the film and the showreel is for private purposes only (eg to send to an agent, or as part of an application for entry to a tertiary education institution).
- Participants are responsible for ensuring that audio/video/images in their films do not breach copyright, that permissions are obtained and that artists are credited as per licensing requirements.
- If participants wish to submit films made during a workshop to festivals, they must obtain written permission from Far South Film – contact us.
Health & Safety
- All tutors are required to have a verified Working With Children Check and to follow the Child Safe Standards.
- Parents/guardians of any participants under 18 are entitled to request details from Far South Film of any tutor to verify the tutor’s status on the Working With Children Check website.
- Smoking, drugs and alcohol are not permitted anywhere at the workshop venue at any time. Any tutor or participant believed to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be refused entry to the workshop.
- By enrolling in the workshop, participants (or their parent/guardian) acknowledge that workshop activities can be physical and may involve the risk of accidents.
- Participants or their parent/guardian must advise Far South Film in advance if the participant has health problems, special needs and/or needs medication while attending a course. Tutors cannot be responsible for the administration of medication or ensuring suitable health precautions are in place to suit all participants.
- Should a Tutor deem it necessary for an ambulance to be called, the cost will be incurred by their participant (or their guardian/parent).
- All illness/injuries during workshops must be reported to the Tutor.
- Your details are used by Far South Film Inc to process your enrolment, contact you about future Far South Film events or to be able to contact a parent/caregiver in the case of an emergency. Your details will not be disclosed to 3rd parties unless you give permission for us to do so, or unless we are obliged by NSW or Australian Law to do so.