Far South Film was commissioned by South East Arts in 2020 to develop a 4 year screen strategy for the south east region of NSW.
A number of workshops with key stakeholders were held in each shire (Bega Valley, Eurobodalla and Snowy Monaro) to determine key issues and opportunities for our industry.
Filmmakers and content creators living and working in our region were invited to participate by contributing to a region-wide survey.
Interviews were held with key stakeholders including South East Arts, Screenworks and Screen NSW.
A review of the previous strategy and the current state of play in our region was carried out.
The strategy will assist filmmakers and content creators by identifying priorities and resources needed for both industry and audience development, and can be useful when seeking funding from screen bodies.
The major drivers were identified as:
- Finance, support and enable content creatives to produce high quality local content.
- Establish relationships with tourism, local government, arts and business groups.
- Establish a network of creative professionals and develop a list of local industry suppliers and services.
- Facilitate training and skills development and involvement opportunities for emerging creatives to ensure enough skilled creatives are available
- Promote the Southeast region and its screen industry to external screen bodies and producers.